Friday 7 December 2012

Little girls peasant dresses

I am a little behind in sharing my crafty pieces lately, but my excuse is that I have been busy making Christmas presents and decorations! 

Anyway, I recently made a couple of peasant dresses using some tutorials I found which included free patterns! 

The first was for my husbands cousin whose little girl just celebrated her first birthday! I made this one using a tutorial from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom. I made the 12-18 month size, but there are other sizes available for free! 


The second was for my cousin who just had a baby girl so I made the 0-3 months size from Sew Much Ado. There is a link where you can purchase the pattern in more sizes as well. 


I actually attempted a pillowcase dress before these but messed it up and opted for the peasant dress. I have found that I am really slow at sewing... as in the first dress took me about 6 hours!!! 

This cute fabric is from Ikea in the childrens section. I had to buy it and making these little girls dresses were my excuse. I have some lovely scraps to use now. 

Anyway, if you are new to sewing these dress tutorials were great, the only trouble I had was with the sleeves since they are so little. Just give it a go and take your time - if I can do it, you can too.

1 comment:

  1. Krystal, these dresses are adorable! I hope your little cousins enjoy them!
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete